I am participating in #SOL19. Thanks to the twowritingteachers blog team for sponsoring this wonderful event each March.
Each new day is truly a gift. Put a note next to your alarm that says, “Thank you for this day.” Think as you move through your day – what is one thing you can be grateful for?
Today, I am very grateful for the warmer weather, even though the day will have some rain.
- It is a sign that winter may finally be willing to leave and make room for spring.
- The warmer weather means long walks with the Welsh corgis and Ralph.
- It means we will be willing to drive the hour to take long walks in Longwood Gardens with our cameras (I cannot wait for the beds of tulips!).
- It also means I can store heavy coats and boots away until next year.
- Warmer weather will help the daffodils and crocuses push their way up and grace us with their blooms.
- Our trip to the Amalfi Coast is not far away!
I am more than ready! Although I must admit that I do not enjoy the hot, humid days of summer that are almost a sure bet in the southeastern corner of Pennsylvania, I eagerly await the cool/warm months of March, April, and May. To celebrate a warm day (all things considered) after brutal low temperatures, snow, ice, and slippery road travel – I am posting last year’s photos from early spring at Longwood Gardens. I will have new ones by the month’s end. I am grateful for spring, her warmth and her sweet, soft colors!